Saturday, November 26, 2011

Filling up the store!

DSC_0666

I would like to thank everyone for being patient while I dealt with the crisis our family was going through.  Now it is time to get back to work though!

DSC_0662

Today’s update includes hand carded batts that I have dizzed into roving. 

DSC_0668

First I carded the batts, sending them thru the carder several times to evenly blend the fibers together.

DSC_0672

Then I ran them thru a diz to make them super spinnable!   I have found that newbie are often hesitant to try batts because they are quite sure how to draft them.   That’s quite a shame because batts make wonderful yarn.

DSC_0675

Each batt to roving was then braided to keep the fiber in order, again to make the spinning easier.

DSC_0683

I have also added some beautiful Suri Alpaca locks.

DSC_0687

As always, you can find it all here. 

update1126

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you're listening! Your comments mean so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...