Saturday, June 1, 2013

To My Son….

who is downstairs screaming…

The world is a scary place.  Adults are not always safe and they do not always do what they say they will do.   I am sorry.
I listen while you scream and I pray.  I remember what it feels like to be broken.  All of us are broken, really.   I know what you mean when you say you don’t like me.  I understand when you cry.  I remember still, what it feels like to be your own best bet.  I remember the heart’s cry: just love me please.  love me just like thisAnd I know that to acknowledge that cry is so painful, so heart wrenching that you must cover it with anger because what if….no one will.  
My dear sweet child, every heart everywhere is crying the very same thing.  You are not as unlovable as you fear, you just don’t have all of your words yet.  Let me give them to you.   Let’s replace the screaming and crying with words.  Words that bring healing.  Words that speak hope.   Words that bring life.
I want you to know I love you.  I want you to know that you are amazing.  I want you to know that your smile breaks my heart.  And I want you to know that when you are done screaming, I will still be here.   Always.


If you were a boat my darling, a boat my darling
I'd be the wind at your back.
If you were afraid my darling, afraid my darling
I'll be the courage you lack.
Oh, do you know we belong together?
Oh, do you know my heart is yours? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you're listening! Your comments mean so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...