Monday, June 4, 2012

Yeah, I’m exhausted…

I dropped the little ones off this morning.  Then I slept all day.  I am not used to short people who require constant supervision or 3 am breathing treatments.  It’s all new and at times, frightening.  Sometimes I think I must be supermom, other times I think I am a blooming idiot.   The truth is I am somewhere in the middle.

I keep asking the kids…

are you okay with this?

are you sure?

In a weaker moment I huddled in my bathtub while they mercifully slept and I cried out to God…”Did I hear you right?  Is this really what you have called us to?? Cuz I am tired and a little inept and a lot afraid.”

I was gently reminded of a verse:

James 1:27- Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble….

The conversation continued throughout the weekend…

what about my kids?

they are safest in my will….

I’m not sure I am strong enough to do this…

My strength is made perfect in weakness…

I’m tired….

I will give you rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you're listening! Your comments mean so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...