Friday, March 15, 2013

A handful of kites at Meijer….

$10.00

Watching my prayers answered in my front yard?

priceless….

I know I talk a lot about how hard this journey has been (and it has been let me tell you! again) but there are moments of glory that take my breath away.   Moments when God learns down and whispers…..

who knows whether you have not come to the kingdom for such a time as this?

I am always waiting for the aha moment, when it all comes together and we smile toward heaven knowing all our questions are answered with a resounding “Well, of course my favored servant, you can now have whatever you want!”   I don’t realize that is what I am waiting for exactly, but it is.   So when the road gets hard and long I moan and groan.

I can’t do this….

Is this really what God wants me to do….

Dishes and wiping bottoms?  this is the calling of God in my life??????

I get impatient and stomp my feet.  My flesh dies hard.  I mean really, did I expect angels on each side trumpeting my way each time it got rough?   Well, yeah…I think I kind of did.

So I am learning what it means to walk by faith.  You know, it doesn’t mean quite what I thought it did.   The walk is not marked by comfort and smiles and hugs and kisses all around.   Sometimes it is only found with tears and aching knees.  It means walking when all around you is darkness.   Walking when you can not see where you are going….with no guarantees except one:

And lo, I am with you always…even to the end of the age.

And in the end we aren’t doing mighty things for God.   We are only walking so that He can do might things through us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you're listening! Your comments mean so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...