Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Old Man Winter

Mama Cow and the sheep in the snow...

It wasn’t all that realistic I know, but…I really did hope you weren’t coming.  It is odd because my husband loves you with your blustery mornings and tempestuous snow storms.   My kids seem to enjoy you too.  In fact they are outside now, celebrating your return.  They happily donned all the required winter equipment and will probably be outside for hours.  Not me.  I will hide in the house.

DSC_0045

I will hide in the house and occasionally glower out the window, wishing you had waited just a bit longer.  Eventually duty will call and I will trudge outside and begrudgingly acknowledge your stunning beauty.  I am sorry to be such a sourpuss but it just seemed fair that since summer never really came this year, you shouldn’t either…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you're listening! Your comments mean so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...