Sunday, December 23, 2012

Snot and pee and all things icky….

I have a little one SCREAMING in his room.

I’VE GOT SNOT IN MY NOSE!!  MOMMY!!  MOMMY!!! I’VE GOT SNOT IN MY NOSE!!

I am wondering if he will lose his voice.  I am wondering if I will lose my mind.   We have been tantruming daily.   (not sure if that is a word or if it is if that is how you spell it.)

I know, I know….I knew what I was getting into…these little ones are traumatized…they have been through so much…blahblahblahblah…

Yes, indeed I know all of that.  I did know what I was getting into.  These little ones are traumatized and they have been through so much.   And I am completely committed and determined to help them heal but just for a moment, just for right now…..

IamalittletiredandallthiseverydayscreamingreallysucksandsometimesIwishIhada

quiteplacetogotoandnothearthescreamingandthepeeeverywhereandthesnot,

seriouslysnotistheworstandifyouarescreamingIMDONECRYINGyouprobablyare.not.

You know they say (who are THEY anyway??) that when you break a bone the place that has been broken becomes stronger*.  I think that might be true but have you ever broken a bone?  It flippin hurts.   This process hurts.  Not just them but me, my kids, my husband but we have our moments of strength.  There are those times when we sit in midst of the screamingpeesnotandickythings and feel almost normal. 

Okay, I feel a bit better.  Just saying that somehow helps me to put the smile back on my face.  Anyone want another cup of coffee?  

Did I mention we don’t feel good and we are missing church

AGAIN?**  

 

*…so according to the NY Times this likely isn’t true but it makes for a nice thought so we’ll go with it.  I just want to point out that THEY are wrong a lot.

**I know the blog whining is getting old. sorry, it really is theraputic.  Somehow saying it to the internet makes me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you're listening! Your comments mean so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...