Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Stollen!

The 2010 December Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Penny of Sweet Sadie’s Baking. She chose to challenge Daring Bakers’ to make Stollen. She adapted a friend’s family recipe and combined it with information from friends, techniques from Peter Reinhart’s book.........and Martha Stewart’s demonstration.

I decided to make my own candied orange peels using the recipe found here.

DSC_1751

DSC_1752

DSC_1753

The candied peels themselves were AMAZING!   Really, you should give them a go :)

DSC_1755

My kitchenaid did much of the work but the resulting bread was fabulous!  It got rave reviews at the Christmas party I brought it to…interestingly much of the attendees were direct descendants of German immigrants.  :)

DSC_1758

IMG_0267

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you're listening! Your comments mean so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...