*linking up here :)
1. I love girlie things.
2. I had all of my kids at home except Josiah, he was born in a free standing birthing center. I have never been to the hospital to have a baby.
3. My first car was an orange Chevette with wood paneling with the word Woody on the back.
4. I was born in Opelika, Alabama
5. My legal name is Kachel, not Rachel. Someone misspelled it on my birth certificate.
6. Although I have spent more of my life in Michigan, I will never feel so at home as when I am in the hills of Sevier County TN.
7. If my husband would not die from shock I would have dreadlocks and several tattoos.
8. My husband is 15 years older than me. (This probably explains #7)
9. There was a day that I knew every single word to every single Prince song.
10. I hate crickets. I really hate earwigs.
11. I didn’t start drinking coffee until I was 36 years old.
12. I love to sing. I also play guitar. a little badly
13. I am superstitious. I can’t help it. I know that it isn’t bad luck to kill a cricket but I still can’t do it. And I as I said I hate crickets.
14. My Mamaw would have given me or my sister the spanking of our lives if we ever killed a cricket. or opened an umbrella inside. don’t get me started…
15. Jesus saved my life. literally. I’ll tell you all about it someday.
16. My nose is pierced. It was done in the pre-husband days so sadly it has gone the way of tattoos and dreadlocks.
17. I am
scared freaked out terrified of the dark.
18. My mom still lives in Tennessee. She is hoping to sell her house and move up by me and I am irrationally upset, to the point of tears. My papaw is down there and I can not bear the fact of leaving him alone although he has been dead for close to 20 years. She needs to move up here, I just don’t want to sell the house. I am silly like that.
19. I am incredibly silly both in the way of #18 and in the general understanding of silliness. I can crack a joke anywhere, anytime.
20. I hate to cry, not even a little.
21. I WILL NOT watch a movie that will make me cry. I have never seen Titanic, Schindler’s List, Faith Like Potatoes, or Courageous for that very reason. See #20.
21. I hate seafood. I went to Red Lobster once. I had a hamburger.
22. I am a sugar addict. Not in the “oh shucks, I have a sweet tooth” way, more in the “I am killing myself with food” way. I was recently told that I need to treat sugar the way an alcoholic treats alcohol. I am desperately trying to do that.
23. I find it offensive when people use the words “foster care” “foster” or “adoption” when referring to pets. Don’t get me wrong, I love animals. I think we need to care for them well and I honor the depth of joy and am deeply grateful for the blessing of irreplaceable companionship that they bring to our lives but, I fear that using the same language to describe caring for an animal as well as caring for a child minimizes the pain and grief the child experiences.
24. I am a little scared you will hate me for typing #23 and now I feel like I need to use even more words to defend my position and make you love me again. I love words and for people to love me.
25. A friend once told me “You are water. He is the container.” That perfectly explains me and my husband.