Saturday, September 12, 2009

Why we farm.......

Why do we farm? Sometimes I wonder myself. It is not because my llama spits at me........
but it is so nice when she decides I am good enough to pet her.....for a few minutes anyway. It's not because we make good money...........(sometimes we struggle just to make ends meet)
But it is rewarding somehow to bring milk to the table, knowing it is because of your work that it is there........
It's because barn cats have kittens and they are so darling.........
It's because watching the chickens is entertainment all in itself.......
Because sheep need a shepherd.........

and they give so much in return.
It's because no matter how little we get paid or how long the hours are, we know we are needed. We know that our small participation with nature matters......

The hours are long, the work is hard and the problems that crop up are many. But at the end of the day, we farm because when we try to stop we just......... can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you're listening! Your comments mean so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...