Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The fruits of our labor...

How often do you think about where your food comes from?

I have recently been thinking about that ALOT! Since I have been spending my mornings and evenings milking a cow to provide milk for my family instead of buying a gallon of milk at the store it has crossed my mind how little we work for our food.

For instance, I made cottage cheese today! (My first time!) Normally I head to the grocery store and buy a carton of cottage cheese. Not today. Today I spent about 30 mins give or take making my own. (It takes longer than that but only 30 mins involved me working with the cheese directly). Tomorrow we will have homemade cottage cheese at lunch and somehow I feel like I have fed more than the bodies of my children. I feel like I have fed their souls.....I can't really put my finger on why but it feels good!

For dinner this evening we had macaroni and cheese.....NOT from a box!! I am not even sure my kids knew this was possible. Again I can't tell you why but it really feels good!











Oh yeah, and bread doesn't always come in a bag!! Yeah, it was hard work and it took me a bit of time but it sure felt good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you're listening! Your comments mean so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...