Thursday, August 6, 2009

Comedy of Errors.....

Perhaps that should be the name of our farm! Wait until you hear this!!

(If you haven't had a chance to enter the contest or if you are looking for it click here.)

Alright back to my story. The lamb apparently stuck in the fence is Zucchini. I was on my daily animal check before work and saw this......oh great.......

So I grab my daughter and we get to work trying to free the lamb from the evil fence. We pushed, we pulled, we twisted (gently of course) but no luck. Finally I decide we are going to have to cut the fence. Not being savy I think perhaps I can cut the cattle panel with wire cutters. No, my son informs me......I need to use a some crazy power tool called a sawzall to cut through this. Well I am savy enough to realize that using a sawzall would be not a good idea and would probably result in the lamb losing it's head and me most likely losing a leg.......

So a bent fence, a dirty son, a crow bar and a cranky lamb later, he is free!!! Ah relief all around! Now just to move him back out with the ewes in the lamb safe fence.

Wait a minute! Do you see what I see????


Yeah, he wasn't stuck in the first place. He just wanted to the grass on the other side and was a bit perturbed at being removed in the first place. Gee Whiz.....


Anyway don't the ewes look cozy in the shade? Their bellies are full and they are relaxing the day away!
Here's our new Icelandic ram.....still unnamed.....any suggestions??


Don't forget to say "Hi!" to Tia, just don't get too close when you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you're listening! Your comments mean so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...