Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Why I love Irish Dance

Tonight was our first night back to Irish Dance after a month off.  I nearly died.  Seriously, I thought I was going to leave a lung on the floor.  But I loved every minute of it!  Why?

Because I got to be someone other than mom, just for a little bit.  I really, really love being a mom don’t get me wrong, but sometimes… between the diapers and the tantrums and the emotional rollercoasters of puberty it is just nice to focus on something else for a little while.

Because I go with my son and daughter and we get to work on who we are together outside of the daily monotony of farm chores and dishes.

Because I sweat and all the anxiety and failures of the week run down and the movement helps me regroup a bit.

Because every once and a while there is a moment in the dance when it just flows and you seem to transcend time.  All that is there is the beat and the beauty of the gift that God has given you to move just so at just the right time and you feel almost as though He’s watching…. quite like a father watches His little girl twirl around and around.  He laughs when she laughs and no matter how she fails and fumbles….

He thinks she is quite beautiful.

So I guess in the end what I really love is how dancing makes me think of God…and how very much He loves us.

Funny huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you're listening! Your comments mean so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...