Friday, June 25, 2010

The love of a horse

DSC_0261

the little one has been asking….

mom, can you take me for a horseback ride today?

but I am busy.   so the saddle sits…dusty

DSC_0272

the bridle is covered in cobwebs.

it’s been too long.  and I have forgotten…

DSC_0270

DSC_0274

I have forgotten that time goes by slower on the back of horse.

I have forgotten that love speaks with many voices.

I have forgotten the bond between a woman and her horse.

and in a few short seconds of feeling this beautiful animal move I remember.

DSC_0280

I remember that a gentle gesture speaks more words than anything I can say.

I remember that I can control you with a whip but I have only taught you fear, with patience you learn love.

I remember why I need you, what drew me to you in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you're listening! Your comments mean so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...